Monday, September 20, 2010

Big Bang Theory Preview

One of my favorite sitcoms of all time is returning this Thursday, September 23rd, Big Bang Theory. I have spent the last year slowly converting over everyone I have to deal with into fans of this terrific show. When looking back it really wasn't too hard as the show is fantastical. It has everything I need in a show, mainly a geeky premise with plenty of jokes catering to me and is actually funny even to people I know who don't get all the geeky humor. Let me begin with the Big Bang down low.

Apparently the season premiere is going to be picking up months after the ending of season three finale, which found Howard and Rajesh playing with a dating site and hooking Sheldon up with his perfect match. Sheldon dating has to be one of the scariest situation I can think of or funniest. Sheldon and his female equal Amy Farrah Fowler, Mayim Bialik, from Blossom, will continue their interesting relationship, if you can call it that. Amy will be having feelings for Sheldon later in the season and hilarity shall commence.

Leonard and Penny are still broken up for now. Which is fine, cause Penny was completely in the wrong. After re-watching that episode I really didn't understand what happened. They had been together for plenty of time and she was the one who said Leonard's name on a date. Unless maybe the evil powers of Wil Wheaton destroyed their relationship, maybe that is what happened. Howard's ex-girlfriend Bernadette who just disappeared last season without any really reason will be returning. I assume she wanted to be on True Blood.

Guest stars this season will include Sheldon's archenemy Wil Wheaton. Mr. Wheaton cracks me up on Big Bang and The Guild. If you haven't checked out the Guild, do it, its free. I enjoy that he plays parody of himself on Big Bang as I hated Wesley Crusher so much on Next Generation. God I hated him. George Takei of Star Trek fame will be playing the one half of Howard's conscience opposite of Katee Sackhoff of BSG, or for the non-nerd Battlestar Galactica. Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak will also show up as himself in episode two. Stan Lee will also be returning.

Kaley Cuoco, Penny, will be missing a slew of episode this coming season as a horseback riding accident broke  her leg. Guess its better to write her out then write her in with a broken leg. How lame would that be?

The biggest change of this season is the moving to Thursday nights. Oh, Big Bang Theory why must you move to same time as Community on Thursday nights?! I love you both equally, but why must you make me choose? Guess I don't really have to choose as I have a DVR. Just have to choose which one to watch first.  It was fine on Monday nights. What else is there to watch on Monday nights? I'd commit suicide rather than try to watch another episode of Two and a Half Men. No offense to said show, just could not get into it, probably that fat kid. Same with How I Met Your Mother. I like most of the actors in both shows something is just not doing it for me.

Well that is all I know, looks like its gonna be a good season and great fun. Like it would turn out any other way. If you aren't already watching Big Bang Theory check it out this Thursday.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment